This is a bug specific to Windows XP, it can occur if the PC is connected to a different model to that used for the driver installation. Either re-install the driver or follow these steps:
– Go to Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager.
– Under “Sound, Video & Game Controllers”, find the “USB Audio Device” with an exclamation mark (!) next to it. Right-click on it, choose “Update Driver”.
– Select “No, not this time”, click Next.
– Select “Install from a list or specific location”, click Next.
– Select “Don’t search. I will choose the driver to install”, click Next.
– Select the dCS driver from the list, click Next.
– A “Hardware Installation” warning window will pop up, click “Continue anyway”.
– Another Hardware Update Wizard will appear. Choose “No, not this time” then “Install the software automatically”. – Click “Continue anyway” when asked.
This long sequence makes sense when you actually do it!