Scarlatti Upsampler is designed to act as the hub of a digital audio system. It will transform your listening experience, taking your music collection to levels you have not heard before. Accessing music from any digital source Scarlatti Upsampler converts the audio from its native sample rate to either DSD (1 bit data at 2.822MS/s) or standard high resolution PCM (24 bit data up to 192kS/s).
Possessing an array of independently selectable digital inputs, upsampling and filter options, Scarlatti Upsampler elevates the performance of Red Book CD from CD Players or high resolution audio from digital streamers and servers to a previously unsurpassed level.
dCS were pioneers in the use of external clocks in digital audio systems and the multi- stage Phase-Locked-Loop (PLL) system used in Scarlatti Upsampler is extremely accurate in the control of troublesome jitter from the incoming audio stream.
Scarlatti Upsampler also features an asynchronous USB input which allows direct connection of a PC, supporting high resolution audio. In this mode the Upsampler synchronises the audio by providing a feedback pipe to the PC/Mac. The computer is effectively locked to the Upsampler, which then has a much more accurate clock and much lower jitter.
All of the Scarlatti products benefit from our ‘soft’ approach to programmable logic that allows new software to be loaded from a dCS update disc or USB to add new features or adapt to changes in digital formats.
- Designed for maximum flexibility, both input and output configuration can be optimised for systems with various digital sources.
- All dCS products use a sophisticated multi-mode Phase-Locked-Loop (PLL), which significantly reduces clock jitter.
- Improved power supplies give lower running temperature and increased tolerance to AC supply variations.
- Aerospace grade aluminum chassis and laminated acoustic damping panels, reduce magnetic effects and vibration.
- The Scarlatti range features a low- power LCD display that makes the user interface easier to read, keeps the power requirements down and minimises electrical noise.
- All of the Scarlatti products benefit from our ‘soft’ approach to programmable logic that allows new software to be loaded from a dCS update CD to add new features and adapt to changes in digital formats.