The dCS Ring DAC™ found in all of our DACs is a discrete balanced design that supports all high resolution musical formats up to DSD. The optimised DSP filters available in Paganini DAC will ensure you can extract every last nuance of musical detail and emotion by tuning the system to suit your personal preference.
Paganini DAC features standard AES3 and SPDIF inputs in addition to the IEEE 1394 interfaces. The digital volume control allows direct connection to a power amplifier; there is no need for a preamplifier. Maximum output can be either two or six volts to suit different amp/speaker combinations.
The unit can be used in Master mode to provide a clock for source components, and can be locked to an external word clock signal generated by a dCS Master Clock – this produces a substantial performance improvement.
Paganini DAC is intended to be used with the matching upsampling Paganini CD/SACD Transport or with any industry standard CD Transport, digital streamer or music server.
The PCM inputs on all our DACs are industry standard AES/EBU, SPDIF or SDIF interfaces. There should be no difficulty using them with other manufacturers’ equipment, provided it also complies with industry standards.
- Flexible output configuration can be optimised in systems with and without pre-amplifiers.
- All dCS products use a sophisticated multi-mode Phase-Locked-Loop (PLL), which significantly reduces clock jitter.
- Improved power supplies give lower running temperature and increased tolerance to AC supply variations.
- Aerospace grade aluminum chassis and laminated acoustic damping panels, reduce magnetic effects and vibration.
- The Paganini range features a low- power LCD display that makes the user interface easier to read, keeps the power requirements down and minimises electrical noise.
- All of the Paganini products benefit from our ‘soft’ approach to programmable logic that allows new software to be loaded from a dCS update CD to add new features and adapt to changes in digital formats.