Possesses the ability to unravel music like no other digital system - resulting in a performance that is simply stunning. Scarlatti needs no introduction and since its launch has been the recipient of awards across the world for its extraordinary performance both in terms of objective measurements and the subjective musical experience it offers.
Scarlatti Upsampler is designed to act as the hub of a digital audio system and will transform your listening experience, taking your music collection to levels you have not heard before. Accessing music from any digital source Scarlatti Upsampler converts the audio from its native sample rate to either DSD (1 bit data at 2.822 or 3.07 MS/s) or standard high resolution PCM (24 bit data up to 192 kS/s).
Possessing an array of independently selectable digital inputs, upsampling and filter options Scarlatti Upsampler elevates the performance of Red Book CD from CD Players or high resolution audio from digital streamers and servers to a previously unsurpassed level.
dCS were pioneers in the use of external clocks in digital audio systems and the multi-stage Phase-Locked-Loop (PLL) system used in Scarlatti Upsampler is extremely accurate in the control of troublesome jitter from the incoming audio stream.
Scarlatti Upsampler also features an asynchronous USB input which allows direct connection of a PC, supporting high resolution audio. In this mode the Upsampler synchronises the audio by providing a feedback pipe to the PC/Mac. The computer then is effectively locked to the Upsampler, which can have a much more accurate clock and much lower jitter.
All of the Scarlatti products benefit from our ‘soft' approach to programmable logic, which allows new software to be loaded from a dCS update disc or USB to add new features or adapt to changes in digital formats.
Want to know more about how to integrate the Upsampler with your computer system? Read our frequently asked questions on PC/Mac connection.
See the Scarlatti Upsampler set-up sheet for more information on how to integrate it with your current sources.
- finish options
Silver or Black
(W) 465mm x (D) 405mm x (H) 75mm/
(W) 18.3" x (D) 16.0" x (H) 3.0"
Allow extra depth for cable connectors
- 10.1 kg/ 22.2lbs.
- CD mechanism
- converter type
- analogue outputs
- digital I/O
USB2.0 interface on a B-type connector. Operates in asynchronous mode.
AES3 on a 3-pin female XLR connector.
3x SPDIF on 2x RCA Phono, 1x BNC connector
1x TosLink optical connector.
All digital inputs will accept PCM data at up to 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96kS/s.
Data from any input may be converted to 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 or 192kS/s or DSD (1 bit data at 2.822MS/s). The output sample rate must be equal to or greater than the input sample rate.
IEEE 1394 interface on 2x 6-way connectors. In DSD mode, the interface outputs dCS-encrypted DSD (1 bit data at 2.822MS/s).
2x AES3 on 3-pin female XLR connectors. Each outputs 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2 or 96kS/s,
OR as a Dual AES pair at 88.2, 96, 176.4 or 192kS/s.
2x SPDIF on RCA Phono connectors. Each outputs 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2 or 96kS/s.
1x SDIF-2 interface on 2x BNC connectors, outputs 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2 or 96kS/s.
- word clock I/O
- Word Clock Input on 1x BNC connector. Accepts standard word clock at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2 & 96kHz.
Sensitive to TTL levels.
Word Clock Output on 1x BNC connector. Outputs standard word clock at a frequency equal to the (single wire) output data rate, or 44.1kHz when set to output DSD.
- clock frequencies
- residual noise
- spurious responses
- Better than -100dB0 @ 20Hz - 20kHz for Fs> 32kS/s, 20Hz - 14kHz for 32kS/s
- PCM mode - 4 filters give different trade-offs between the Nyquist image rejection and the phase response when converting 44.1 > 88.2, 44.1 > 176.4, 44.1 > DSD, 48 > 96, 48 > 192 or 88.2 to DSD.
- software updates
- Loaded from CD
- software version
- local control
- Nevo Q50TM programmable remote control is supplied with Scarlatti Transport, or RS232.
- power supply
- Factory set for 100, 115, 220 or 230 V AC, 49 - 62Hz
- power consumption
- 12.7 Watts typical/ 15 Watts maximum
- USB input forms a gateway to a dCS Ring DAC, allowing listeners to obtain true high end sound from their PC based music.
- all major dCS products use a sophisticated multi-mode phase locked loop (PLL), which significantly reduces clock jitter.
- Faster, 100% accurate DSPs (within the bounds of their resolution) give improved filters revealing yet more fine detail.
- Higher capacity FPGAs (Field Programmable Gate Arrays) give more logic capacity and increase the scope for additional features.
- Improved power supplies give lower running temperature and increased tolerance to AC supply variations.
- Our ‘soft' approach to programmable logic allows dCS products to adapt to changes in digital formats and add new features by loading new software from a CD.
- Aero grade aluminum chassis and laminated acoustic damping panels, reduce magnetic effects and vibration.
- The Scarlatti range features a low-power LCD display that makes the user interface easier to read, keeps the power requirements down and minimises electrical noise.